1 Rep Max Snatch
1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk
Drink some coffee, listen to Rage, and let’s fire it up!
Congratulations to our July Member of the Month…
- How did you hear about CrossFit?–since moving back to Wayland in 2011, a close HS friend had been talking about CFNE and how much it helped him with overall health and wellness. I was concerned with time commitment, injury (I have had 2 back surgeries) and just my work schedule. But he kept saying how great it was…I told him if he opened up his own “Box” I would try it out. That friend was LJ DiCarlo…one of the owners of TILT…so I joined.
- How long have you been doing CrossFit?–Remember to this day. March 19th – 12 pm Elements class…where Max was the coach. It was me, Amanda Murphy and Chuck Mazokopos. All I remember Amanda kicked our butts, and I didn’t really remember driving home. But I was hooked!!!!
- What class do you go to?– 5:15amclass…the best class!!!
- What is your favorite movement?– Burpee’s – because it requires endurance, strength, flexibility and mentality to get through them…
- What is you least favorite movement?– Burpee’s – because it requires endurance, strength, flexibility and mentality get through them…and they usually are thrown into an already brutal WOD…
- If there was a “Hanlon” workout what would it consist of?– I love the team WOD’s…so the “Hanlon” would be sharing the Pain…no specific movement…just a team approach to get through it…and as long there was beer at the end!!!
- Who would win in an all out 400m sprint, you or Griffy?– That’s easy…Griffy! Happy Wife = Happy Life…which means I can buy a 1967 Firebird convertible.
- Is Ironman a Superhero? Why or why not?–sure…he’s a bad ass and uses AC/DC as his theme music when he makes an appearance.
- What was your nickname in High School?– Hanlon
- If you were a pirate what would be your pirate name and the name of your ship?–well since I cannot grow a beard…Maybe I would go by “Captain No-Beard”…and the name would be “Mahalo”…as in thank you for letting me take your Booty!!!
- Is it true you shoot potato guns over the lake?–Yes – the best $20 spent at Home Depot making the gun. Aqua Net hair spray makes for the best firepower. And I believe Max had a chance to experience shooting a potato or two over some kayakers.
- If you were a shark what kind of shark would you be?– AWhale Shark…everyone likes a whale shark.
- What is your favorite movie?– Vision Quest…who doesn’t like the underdog taking down the champion!!! And a great soundtrack to boot.
- Any last thoughts on being Member of the Month?–This is a huge honor. I have met so many talented individuals who have had great results and perform at a tremendous level every day. I look at many of these athletes as inspiration. I have seen so many people transform since I joined in March….it could be weight loss, it could be new PR or a new move like a muscle up or rope climb…and seeing the entire room erupt with cheering and fist pumps is just awesome.
To me it is all about the coaching! Max and Brian have been there step by step with me to be sure I am safe and that I am pushing myself to improve. I also have to thank LJ DiCarlo for pushing me to give Crossfit TILT a try…because 4 months later…I am down 30 lbs., I am healthier and I have met many new friends which was all unexpected.
Thank you again for this honor…
Congratulations Dave, keep up the hard work.
Squat Snatch 140 25 lb PR
Squat clean and jerk 185 10 lb PR
With Adam and Sean
135 front squat to 10 SHSPU alternating
Muscle up transition practice with Brian.
Feeling good today.
Nice work today Adam!
Big PRs! awesome dude!
Oh yeah baby!
Snatch- 170# (Tied PR, got it first try) needed more time today
C&J- 205# (cleaned 215 but didn’t stand it up)
Cashout- What Adam said ^ FS @ 165#
Squat Snatch – 95#
Clean & Jerk – 100#
Yeah Dave! So so proud of you!
Woohoo Dave! You are the bomb.com!
Snatch: 75# (15# PR)
C&J: 105# (10# PR)
W00T! Big PRs!
Percentage wise… these PRs are HUGE!
F@#K YES! Brittney I am so darn proud of you! Trust the process and you will see results! You work so hard and it’s paying off! YIPPEEEEE!!!
Your support means the world Max! I couldn’t do it without you teaching me mental toughness. 🙂
Snatch – 50# (5# PR, and best of all – no shoulder pain)
C&J – 75# (5# PR)
Small gains, but I have had so many set-backs with back and shoulder issues that I am happy with any gain.
Awesome work Cindy, you should be very happy with those PRs.
Great news on the shoulder, Cindy!!
Double PR, feeling great, and looking great! That is an awesome day!
Snatch 150 – 10# PR
Clean & jerk 165 meh – vs 195 3w ago
Clean 205 vs 210 3m ago
Alternating 5FS & bench/strict press. Built to 185fs, 135bench, 95 press.
Woot, woot! Dwin… Nice Snatch! (I can say that, he’s my husband, he he)
Nice on the snatch big guy!
Helz ya Hanlon! Well deserved, your transformation has been awesome. Way to represent the 0515 class!
Snatch 210– 5# PR
Clean & Jerk: 135# (I pushed all my chips in on the snatch and my wrist had nothing left, so I shut down shop)
Side Note: It was awesome to be back today! I missed you all very much and it was great to be back home. Cheers all!
Only dude I know who goes on vacation for a month and PRs his snatch. That was beautiful!
Snatch: 175# – 10# PR, thank you Max for the cue!
C&J: 235# – 30# PR; also PR’d power clean at 225#
Dude there is so much more in there! Great work!
Congrats! Dave — well deserved… although I am partial to my 6:15a brothers and sisters so I have to take issue on saying the 5:15 is the best class ;-P
WLW Test Day!!
Squat Snatch = 75# PR
Clean & Jerk = 95# PR (Max said I power cleaned this, so will have to retest another day)
** need to work on right shoulder mobility, full grip on bar lowers my right elbow height.
Crossover Symmetry 10/7 Activation
KB shoulder Presses 10 ea side, 20#
Shoulder Shrugs x5
Kip swings x 15
22 – 20″ box push ups – Day 3 of 22 for 22 days challenge. (and glad to push the lactic acid out of those muscles from Monday’s fun)
On Fire today, that 3FU3L shake was amazing….
Snatch – 225/235 (f) 20# off PR
C+J – 265/275 (f) 35# off PR
Had such a great time lifting w James and the 930am class!
It’s time to prioritize strength and not just metcon. Would really like to get back around my old PRs and hit some new ones.
You should take serious pride (and I’m sure you do) in how much you have helped us all since taking this role. Your power is still there, its just the fact that you have been so focused on us all. I know I speak for the group in saying, we are here to help you get that back (when you are ready).
#125 Max Snatch
#175 Clean + Jerk
105# Snatch (30# PR)
150# C&J (30# PR for jerk – failed on 155# which was a 5# PR for clean)
Snatch 165 (10lb PR)
C&J 205 (10lb PR)
EMOMx10: 5 FS @205 + 10 HSPU shoulders are smoked!
Snatch: 185# (10# PR) – This has been a goal of mine since I started CrossFit 4 years ago.
C&J: 225# – Didn’t feel like going for a PR today. Just wanted to move some weight around.
Congrats LJ…that’s my goal on the snatch. Gimme three more years….
Nice snatch LJ!
Snatch: 185#…big time post surgery achievement…only off PR by 15#
C/J: 275#…tied pre-surgery PR…wasn’t pretty but it went up.
Today was a good day
And he is back!
Not to sound cheesy, but you inspire me Ho. So glad to hear the improvements since post injury. Keep it up.
135 squat snatch, profit, power snatched 155. Put 5lbs in the bar and could barely get it off the ground. My head getting in my way.
Squat clean and jerks 155. PR. Power clean and jerks 185. Not a PR and could have gone higher but since I tweaked my back last week I decided to call it there. Will give it another go in a few weeks.
Hit up snatch and CJ with Brian and the Griff at 2pm today. Tunes blasting and tossing around some weight. 225 snatch (off pr by 5#)/ CJ 295 (off by 10#). Pr’ing isnt everything but lifting some weight with a crew that is part of a great community is! Always learn from days of training and inside the gym. Good!
Snatch-125 (10# PR!), I would have attempted that 130 snatch until bedtime if Max let me.
C&J- 135/Power C&J- 155 (5# off PR)
95# snatch (5# PR)
125# c+j (10# PR)
6:30pm had some awesome cheerleaders!
You were on fire tonight Ames! Woop woop!
The jerk at 120 and 125 where freaking awesome!
Sorry Juh-Kwellin, don’t know how I managed to reply to your comment with my numbers. Awesome job tonight!
No worries, Amy! You are getting stronnng.
Nice on that 125 snatch! 130 is yours soon!
C&J 255, 265(f)
no pr’s today but I had a lot of fun throwing around some weight with a couple of really strong gingers
Big numbers all over the place today…nice work Tilt!
Traveling and on a really banged up knee, sprained it on Saturday, so no WLW’s or Chiefs for me this week but did drop in to CF Recursive in Madison the last two days.
Work up to a heavy power clean…215 and stopped (knee)
75 hang power snatches at 75#, EMOM (including at go) 5 pull-ups: 3:40
Cash out w/ 100 push-ups, 4:40
5×10 bench press (135,155,165,170,175) then,
20 air squats
50 goblet lunges (1.5pood)
20 air squats
50 cal row
20 air squats
50 goblet lunges
20 air squats
20 air squats
Today’s victory: Got the knee moving…a lot! Learning to be patient with injuries.
And congrats Dave!!!
Glad you’re feeling a bit better brother! Miss you at the gym.
Snatch 60# (20# PR)
C&J 80# (10# PR)
So much fun tonight!
Snatch 75#-5# PR
Clean and jerk- 100# , 15# PR
And thank you Sean for helping me realize my grip needed to be wider and feet more narrow! Hopefully this will help me lift more in the future because it felt so much better!!
Snatch – 165# PR
Clean & Jerk – 215# – tied PR
Really fun day throwing around some weights!
Snatch 125 ( 5# pr)
C&J 165 (10# pr)
Snatch – 125# (10lb PR)
C + J – 155# (current MAX)
Super excited for PR on snatch! With C+J – glad was able to hit current max; dip, lockout and footwork DEFINITELY need work.