Every 40 Seconds – 1 Power Clean (60%)
Every 40 Seconds – 1 Power Snatch (60%)
21 – 18 – 15 – 12 – 9 – 6 – 3:
Unbroken Overhead Squats (95/65)
This is Week 1 of a Power Clean and Power Snatch progression.
Post Loads and Times to Comments.
Happy Wednesday! Ok 3 questions:
1. If you were a wrestler what would your name be?
2. Would you be a good guy? Bad guy? Part of a tag team? Give me some background.
3. What song would you walk out to?
Post Answer to Comments.
The Whirling Dervish
Blowin money fast- Rick Ross
Obvs gotta have a Rick Ross song as your walkout music! So appropriate!
1. The Silver Fox
2. Solo – started as good guy but moved to the dark side due to a bizarre zamboni ‘accident’
3. Parabola – Tool
You are truly the Silver Fox!
1. Paul Beardyon
2. Part of a crew known as The Bearded Bandits
3. The Bearded Bandits walk out to Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine
Is Paul Beardyon your wrestling or adult film star name?
It’s both actually 😉
1. Chance (Finisher: Roll them bones)
2. Heel – tag team w/ cajun them (See Hard Target)
3. Hey man, Nice shot – Filter
Bonus: I used to work with Kofi Kingston and met Booker T at a Joe’s Crab Shack in Houston. My brother worked for Jeff Jarrett. I’ve seen multiple ECW, WCW, WWE and regional federation shows live.
I may or may not have considered training and created this persona in the mid-90’s (hence the dated intro music.)
I need more background info…NOW! Call me or text me ASAP! I must have details!
the plot thickens…
I took a leak next to the Undertaker at the Hard Rock in Vegas.
He is an enormous human being
WWW: #70 & #55
1. Well, Malenfant = bad child. I will go with that in my name
2. Duo featuring good and evil
3. “Mean street” van halen
I dind’t think about your name meaning until now! How cool!
Cool last name!
1. The Unsullied
2. I’d rock an 80’s mullet, therefore neither good or bad, just AWESOME!
3. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger – Daft Punk
Gotta have a mullet!
1. Not a wrestling fan. Maybe Elwyn… Just sounds different. (And it’s my dad’s name).
2. Good guy. I like positive energy… high fives and ass slaps.
3. “Creep” by Radio Head. Only because Lewis already mentioned Tool.
Ass slaps! Love it! I need some of those!
1. Crispy Bones
2. Hero, solo
3. The final countdown – Europe
1) Skull Crusher – rockin’ a hardcore atomic elbow!
2) Solo, cause that’s the only way to roll.
Spent years in juvie for stealing kids lunch money and shakin’ down shady teachers – learned a few tricks along the way and spent a lot of hours doing curls and shootin’ roids. People just piss me off.
3) AC/DC Back in Black
This. is. AMAZING.
1. The Cheerleader
2. Solo, good girl gone bad – tried to be part of a few teams but annoyingly cheerful attitude drive others away. Turned hurt feelings into rage and has crazy look in eyes that freaks out other wrestlers.
3. Crazy Train
Oh man this so good too!!!
WLW: 165# / 95# / 5:56@45#
10, 9, 8, 7…2, 1
Bench @ 135#
1) Adam “Supercut” Stevenson
2) Part of the “Good Hair Squad” tag team with Miguel Worldwide. Special move is getting hair product in the opposing team’s eyes
3) Walk out to: https://youtu.be/kIDWgqDBNXA
WLW: 135/115, OHS-athon: ~8 minutes. Somewhere behind Braatz and Dave.
AMRAP5: C&J (155), Bar MU, 1/2/3/4. 4 rounds.
HOLY $HIT! This is amazing!!! OMG can members of the Bearded Bandits also be part of the Good Hair Squad? I want in!
Sometimes I forget just how hot she was. Total smoke show. My goodness.
-Piernas de Pollo (roughly translates as Chicken Legs ?)
-Part of the Good Hair Squad of course ??
-Signature move is missing a split jerk because I don’t get my head through at the top
-Totally a bad guy (why?…cause I’m an insurance executive that parts his hair on the side brother!)
-Walk Is song is training montage from Rocky IV, ???.
You’ve gotta be the Founding Father of The Good Hair squad (no offense Adam). Like I said, I need to start using more gel if I have a chance of making it in.
1) Bust ’em up Britt
2) Started out good, but then listened to Beyonce’s Lemonade and went rouge.
3) ‘Freedom’ by Beyonce, for background refer to answer #2.
ALL HAIL QUEEN BEY!
OH F#$K YES!!!
LEMONADE ALL DAY. That album is dangerously good.
WLW: 115 / 95 / 7:50 Rx
“Round 1”, cause that’s all you’d get (assuming I wrestle like I CrossFit)
Former JV hoops player turned wrestler. What could go wrong?
George Michael’s Kissing A Fool. Yep, what you just did is exactly the intended reaction. Then I hit them with a maniacal first round…
I think I’m too much of a pacifist and a hippy to have a wrestling persona, but I have extensive thoughts on walk-out music.
The walk-out music that would be awesome: This Is How We Do it, Montell Jordan
The walk-out music that is more likely: Mean, by TSwift
My legit pump up music prior to my fancy theology presentations: Wait for It, Hamilton Soundtrack
My real-life walk-out music that I wish could be played whenever I walk in anywhere: Get Ready, by the Temptations
Baseball at-bat song: Wannabe, The Spice Girls
There are some really good songs right here! Loving this!
WLW (@the CFNE Mayhem): 55#, 40#, 5:57@40#
Wrestler info please…
“The Jonas Brothers”, a tag team with Brian.
Entry song – Play My Music
Yup! This needs to happen!
1. El Chupacabra
2. Although meant to scare children, I am the good guy here because the boogeyman gets all the attention.
3. Here I Go Again – Whitesnake
Yup! Chupacabras rock!
1. The Hacker
2. Solo. “do not try and bend the spoon, that’s impossible. instead only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.”
3. Revenge of the nerds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Wl2r_VlhA
WLW: 125 PC, 85 PS, OHS Rx w/ Bredan B ~9:30ish? forgot
Love Revenge of the Nerds!
1. No clue, I’ve never been good with coming up with names for things.
2. Definitely part of a crew. It goes without saying wrestlers wear short shorts so my crew would obviously only wear shorts that show off our blazing white thighs. The long New England winters hinder our ability to get any sun whatsoever on our thighs so our opponents are often blinded at the sight, thus giving us a major advantage. We are a just bunch of good guys whose motto is “Skies out Thighs out”. Lots of leg holds happen during our matches.
3. Walk out music – Necropolis by Black Dahlia Murder
Ok I want to be part of this crew too!!! Paul Beardyon member of The Bearded Bandits, The Good Hair Squad, and The Pasty Drumsticks!
1. Fast and Furious (will have to pay royalties, I guess, but why not 🙂 )
2. Part of the team. I can be a secret weapon on the team of secret weapons 🙂
3. 50 cent in da club
WOD: 100# PC, 75# PS
cashout with Dennis and 75# bar around 9:40
Lifting outside is a lot of fun!
Totally a secret weapon!
1. “The Drifter”
2. Good/Bad? No one knows. Just got in town from drifting around the country on my Harley. Long mullet, skin stained with dirt and the most badass shades you’ve ever seen.
3. Walk out music – Cochise by Audioslave
WLW – 135# PC, 95# PS, 9:37 (65#) with Ryan
You and JB both have mullets! I smell an alliance or a death match! Either way it’ll be awesome!
1. Brine Time (or Sweet James as I’m known by at TILT now)
2. since my newly found nickname is Sweet James I believe that puts me on the good side, it be hard to be taken serious as a bad guy with that name.
3. Walk out song would probably be Till I Collapse by Eminem, or another great one would be Shepard of Fire Avenged Sevenfold, the beginning of it is great for an entrance song
Power cleans- 185
Power Snatch- 145
OHS-A-Thon- 5:58 RX
Amrap 5 mins- up ladder 1,2,3,4….
Clean and Jerk 155
Ring MU: Got through round of 5, still working on getting those MU under fatigue
Oh Sweet James! How I love thee!
1. The Dainty Diva – kind of a badass, but I have to have my nails done
2. Bad girl persona – it goes with my name and walk out music
3. Diva by Queen Bey; if you haven’t listen to it before – you need to.
65# / 55#
YES YES YES!!!
The Great White Hype, bad guy tag team member, Bring the Pain (Method Man)
WOOOOOOOOO DOGGY!!! That song is good!
Wrestler name is
Walk up song is Shake your Money Maker and when I walk down the stairs the sound of coins hitting the ground or cash register
And I’d turn heel half way through.
Yup super accurate, K$ you the man!
K dollar sign?
K$ = K Money
1) “Whole Milk”
(had to somehow reference my extreme whiteness and full-fat calves in one name)…
2) Fan favorite – basically a combination of John Cena, Stone Cold, and Captain America.
3) ‘Layla’ – Eric Clapton.. Just replay the guitar rift over and over.
Oh man I love this! You wear the American Flag pants right? You gotta. Ok, also maybe you have an eagle perched on your shoulder when you walk in?
Power clean- 165 (assumed 265ish 1RM)
Power snatch -120
(Recent snatch was 200)
Felt smooth and fast. Good first week of the progression.
Skipped cash out. Legs toast.
WLW: 165/115, OHS’s: ~8:00
LADDER5: 1 HSPU, 20 DU’s, go up 1 HSPU per round. Made it to round of 6. Meh.
1)Sonny Savage- son of wrestling legend Randy The Macho Man Savage
3)Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n Roses
Sonny Savage is right! Also, could double as a porn name.
1) Juh-Kwellin’ (the street way to pronounce Jacqueline, must watch Key & Peele skit “Substitute Teacher” if you haven’t already)
2) Badgal (shoutout to RiRi) – I have a team of minions who walk out with me which includes Justin Bieber who is no longer in Floyd Mayweather’s corner/TMT, but now supports me and only me.
3) Like a Prayer – Madonna (but you have to play it all the way til at least :38 when the beat realllly drops)
And I must add that I can moonwalk particularly well with socks and a hardwood floor, but I’ll practice with metcons/gym flooring, and hopefully can somehow incorporate this into my walk-out.
ahh no, this is the one ^^
Love the detail! Also super jelly that Biebs is part of your crew!
Power Clean: 155#
OHS: 4:30ish Rx (clock stopped for :30 early on)
5 rounds of 10 Bench Press @ 155#, 15 GHDs, 15 Back Extension
Yeah yeah yeah…give us the wrestling details Len!!!
My two boys answers..
Yoshi and Lil Tony (from CFNE) tag team, good guys, LInkin Park “bleed it out”
Crazy D and Maximus (Paul Beardyons alter ego)
Tag team, unknown if good or bad??
Drowning Pool “bodies”
You’ve got some smart boys Tommy!
Wrestling name- The Rising Sun (name of my hometown in Maryland).
I’d say I’m a good guy (or baby face if we want to really get into the WWE lingo), who would be from the quintessential 80’s WWF wrestling hometown of………Parts Unknown
Entrance song would be Meatplow by Stone Temple Pilots (just the intro riff over and over)
Oh yeah Parts Unknown automatically makes you a super bad ass!
Clean @100 , PS @90, sub push jerk for thrusters (legs luggage) @65 pounds full progression
And 4 sets of bench @155 with Len
Wrestling Name – Soda Popinski (borrowed from Mike Tyson’s Punch Out)
Bad guy – Since Soda Popinski’s boxing career didn’t work out he turned into a bitter wrestler.
Entrance Song – War Pigs – Black Sabbath
Power Clean: 140#
OHS Cash out – Combination of 85#/75#. No idea on the time. This one was rough for me today. I felt all of the shoulder tightness from the last couple days of driving.
War Pigs is such a solid jam!
WLW-PC 135# PS 95#
Extra- emom/5 2PC 155#
emom/5 2PC 175#
emom/10 2PC 185#
Wrestling name would be El Presidente. And yes I’d wear a mask
Probably start as a bad guy and move to good guy after a few years.
Walkout would be the Spanish language version of Hotel California by Gipsy Kings.
As mentioned in class my baseball walkout song would be Shadrach by the Beastie Boys
Love the addition of the mask! Classic!
Scott “The Jewler” Julewitz
2.Solo act. When I’m a good guy I toss out necklaces, bracelets etc to kids. When I’m a bad guy guy I steal them from kids.
3. Walk out song is Bling Bling by Juvenille and lil Wayne
Scott I’m dying over here! So GOOD!
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 OHS @95: 3:42
Decided not to do WOD. Legs are still sore from Monday.
Now for the important stuff.
Wrestling name : The Bear Jew, I know I jacked that from Quentin but I’m goin with it.
Team: Trying out for the Bearded Bandits cause sometimes you need to tag your bro in.
If I don’t make the bandits I’m walking out to FiveFinger Death Punch – No one gets left behind
Wrestling Name: Hacksaw Jay Hastings (after the all time wrestling great Jim Duggan)
Team Member of: ‘Merica’s Battalion
Entrance Song: You don’t know by Eminem, 50 cent, lloyd banks (real hard not to go with a Kid Rock’s classic here like Bawitdaba or Cowboy)
Wrestling name: Big L and I would be an ex-con
Team: F-Block, that’s the name of the prison cell we came from. A bunch of crazy looking ladies think Orange is the New Black type crew. Maybe come out in orange jumpsuits and prison tats, our signature move would be to pin down the opponent and then steal their shoes
Song – Move Bitch by Ludacris
P. Clean @ 190
P. Snatch @ 145
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 Unbroken OHS: Don’t remember time. Finished after Tully and before Len 😉
Teams of 2:
Unbroken Power Cleans @ 135
You go I go style
Finished 2 full rounds of 1 to 5
145/115/7:58 OHS Rx
1) The Lumberjack
2) He’s in a feud with the Good Hair Squad and wants to make America razorless again
3) His walkout song is The Lumberjack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52p9jc-gOo
Coming in late, but here goes…
He taught Jimmy Snuka how to fly.
His capes are custom made on Saville Row to match his tuxedo singlets.
He added 1 to the figure 3 leglock.
Jim McMahon asks him who should win.
He taught Terry Bollea how to wear a bandana.
Sargent Slaughter salutes him.
He is…the most interesting wrestler in the world.
Song: Bossa Nova by Elvis
I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional bucks every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for:
Ercannou’s essential adsense alternative
I see you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic,
you can earn additional bucks every month. You can use the best adsense alternative for any type of website (they
approve all websites), for more details simply search in gooogle: boorfe’s tips monetize your website